Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sweet Sixteen At Last


So every one talks about how big of a party they are gonna have for their sweet 16th birthday. But they never really realize how hard it is to plan the party. You have to consider the expense, the excitement and the girly moments. I have spent half of this year trying to come up with something really fun to do. And I couldn't come up with ANYTHING! I thought I was gonna be a helpless boring 16 year old girl with no imagination.
Wednesday the 5th, After babysitting my mom picked me up to go shopping. I got a movie, a new shirt and a super pretty blue fancy dress. But then we had to get home to get Hyram to scouts on time. But little did i know what was waiting for me. I walked in the door. Hanna and Tyra had their hair braided, they were in matching shirts and skirts(very flowy like a poodle skirt), and they were both wearing roller-blades. Hyram had on jeans that were rolled up a little, White socks with his black penny-loafers, a blue t-shirt that was tucked into his pants, and a blue button-up shirt (un-buttoned)with his coller pulled up and his hair combed back. Definitely not ready for scouts. Aasha was dressed normal but had an odd smile. She looked at me and told me to go look in the kitchen. I walked slowly into the kitchen and... Jessica Adams, Molly Cordell, Kyra Betterige, Emmily McCann, Danielle Schott and Jammee Gregory all jumped out and yelled, "HAPPY SWEET SIXTEEN!!!!!!!" Next I was told to look in the dinning room. In my mind I'm thinking, who else did they invite, or what else did they invite! (eeeeeeeek!!!!) The dinning room was all decorated as a 50's dinner.




Posters, table cloth, records, cars, trumpet and licence plates. We all got a menu, and then ordered our dinner. Aasha was our waitress for the evening. When our hamburgers and beacon burgers were finished, Hanna and Tyra brought them in to us on roller blades. Just like an old fashioned dinner. After our fabulous dinner we watched Hair Spray, opened presents (Jessica- Blue shirt and matching flip flops; Molly and Danielle-Micheal's gift card; Jamme- necklace and bracelet; Emmy- cook book and sketch book; Kyra- lots of candy and a cold stones gift card), ate ice-cream Sundays, watched Grease and then the new "Race to Witch Mountain." We finally headed out to the tent at 2:40(ish) after making up beds we all talked alot. We were determined to stay up till 5 a.m. But that was kind of hard to do. Danielle fell asleep at 2:50 (ish). I fell asleep around 3:40(ish), Molly- 4:03 Jessica-4:20 Kyra and Jammee- 4:30. No one made it to five. Around 9:30 a.m we all woke up, came in to the house and ate German pancakes. And then everyone went home. It was a wonderful birthday. I totally didn't expect anything. (even if i was in the room when Aasha was printing up the invitations, or when plans were being made on the phone, or Jessica trying to keep it a secret and doing badly at that.) I loved my birthday and I think I'm gonna love being 16!

1 comment:

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

That sounds like such a blast! What fabulous friends and family! Especially your younger sibs...it's hard to keep such a great secret! Happy birthday, my friend!!!

Love, Sis Claybrook